Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default IF formula

If a cell value equals zero I want it to be blank. How would I word the
formula?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this:

=IF(A1=0,"",do_something_else)

If A1 is either empty or contains the number 0 the formula returns a blank.

Biff

"sarah" wrote in message
If a cell value equals zero I want it to be blank. How would I word the
formula?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can suppress zeros by going 'tools'....'options'...'view' tab and then
uncheck the zero values box. do you just not want to see the zeros or do you
actually want to put a blank into the cell?