Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default if formula

been going crazy trying to do this

How do I tell one cell do =sum(b2/b3) (this works) for the divide portion

Now I want to add a formula in with it that tells it, if the number is less
than 1, put "0", if the number is greater than "0" put that number in.

Anyone know how????
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(SUM(B2/B3)<1, 0, SUM(B2/B3))

to avoid division by 0, you can try it this way:

=IF(B3=0, 0, IF(SUM(B2/B3)<1, 0, SUM(B2/B3)))

"Sande Leonardo" wrote:

been going crazy trying to do this

How do I tell one cell do =sum(b2/b3) (this works) for the divide portion

Now I want to add a formula in with it that tells it, if the number is less
than 1, put "0", if the number is greater than "0" put that number in.

Anyone know how????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To start with, you don't need the SUM() function, as you are not summing but
dividing.
=B2/B3 will do.

What you need is =IF(B2/B3<1,0,B2/B3)
--
David Biddulph

"Sande Leonardo" <Sande wrote in message
been going crazy trying to do this

How do I tell one cell do =sum(b2/b3) (this works) for the divide
portion

Now I want to add a formula in with it that tells it, if the number is
less
than 1, put "0", if the number is greater than "0" put that number in.

Anyone know how????

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(B2/B3<1,"0",B2/B3) should do the trick. I'm not sure why you had SUM in
your original forumla as it doesn't do anything, you just need to tell it to
divide the cells =b2/b3