Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Symbol after text

Further to my last question please could you tell me if it is possible to
insert a symbol after a number in the same cell and still use the number in
that cell in a sum? Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I didn't see your last post so...

If you have a number in a cell, and you want to add extra text but still be
able to perform calculations on the text you use a custom format.

For example, I frequently have to deal with weights of thousands of lbs, but
we commonly refer to them as their 1-3 digit number, so we add " K#" to the
number format.

Go to Format Cells
Choose custom
in the right side in the Type field enter '### "K#"' without the enclosing
single quotes and click OK.

Your cells will go from:
230
231