Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto add price to multiple selections

Hello,

I have figured out half my problem and need a little assistance with
the completion.

Here is the sheet layout.

Drinks, Price, Qty. | Food, Price, Qty. | Total Qty., Bal. Due, Bal.
Paid, Total due

I have figured out how to add the drinks & food along with adding the
input for Bal. Due, Bal. Paid and Total Due.

I have another sheet to call the products to be in a drop down menu for
selection on the main sheet and prices in a column beside the products.

What I want to do, is make the price auto generate when the drink or
food selection if picked from the list. Then, the employee only needs
to enter the quantity which will add everything up to the balance due.
I believe I have everything else going my way.

Thanks for all your help.

--
jackel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Look at VLOOKUP function:

If Product & Price are in a table in columns A & B on say Sheet2, Put this
in the price cell(s):

=VLOOKUP("product",Sheet2!A:B,2,0)

which will retrieve price for the "product" where "product" is cell address
of the selected product.

HTH

"jackel" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"jackel" wrote:
-

[...]

I understand what you are talking about and tried to change the place
to look for the info but can't seem to make it work. If there is a way
for me to send you what I am working on to actually see what I am
trying to do, maybe you can enter the correct formula in one cell and
then I will know what to do. If you cannot, then I can try something
else.

Thanks,

--
jackel