Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table: Copy from one Book to another

I have two sets of pivot tables that are currently in two different Excel
books. I copied the sheets including pivot table and source data sheets from
Book A to Book B, but when I tried to refresh the data for the tables now in
Book B, an error message appeared stating that the data [from Book A] could
not be found. Any suggestions of how to copy pivot tables from one book to
another would be quite helpful. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

First try this: Open both files, the original file and the new file, tile
them (Window, Arrange, Tile). Place your mouse in the new pivottable and
choose Data, Pivot Table and PivotChart Report, (you should be on the 3rd
step of the wizard) click the Back button. You will see that Excel is
highlighting the data in the original file. Click in the new file, highlight
the data, and click Finish.

You don't really need to open the original file to do this but it gets the
point across.

If this doesn't work then - what version of Excel are you using and how are
your pivot table created - are they simply picking up data in the current
sheets or are you using external data connections?

--
Cheers,
Shane Devenshire