Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default find/replace paragraph mark

Hi I used the link

http://groups.google.com/groups?&thr...4761%40msn.com

to bring a Word table into Excel by replacing the paragraph marks with $$$.
However, the directions say to return the paragraphs, I need to replace the
$$$ with alt-0010 typed on the number pad not the top of the keyboard. The
problem is, I don't have a key pad (laptop) and neither the numbers at the
top of the keyboard nor the numbers used with number lock worked.

How do I replace my $$$ with paragraph breaks?!

Jen
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try CTRL + j which is the same as Alt + 0010

Your laptop should have some sort of Function or Fn key to make the keys act
like the NumPad keys.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 23 Feb 2007 15:50:00 -0800, jen_writer
wrote:

Hi I used the link

http://groups.google.com/groups?&thr...4761%40msn.com

to bring a Word table into Excel by replacing the paragraph marks with $$$.
However, the directions say to return the paragraphs, I need to replace the
$$$ with alt-0010 typed on the number pad not the top of the keyboard. The
problem is, I don't have a key pad (laptop) and neither the numbers at the
top of the keyboard nor the numbers used with number lock worked.

How do I replace my $$$ with paragraph breaks?!

Jen

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Laptops have a "pseudo-keypad"

There is usually a blue "fn"-type key near the bottom of the keyboard ( near
the SHFT, CNTRL, and ALT keys)

Using this "fn" key along with the U-key gives a keypad-4. This is on my
Dell Latitude D610.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200707