Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel

How can I use custom autofilter to to show only May and June out of a list
range from January to June?
--
Frustrated
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Use the dropdown arrow
choose custom
= May 1, 2006

and
<= June 30, 2006

Richard Freist wrote:

How can I use custom autofilter to to show only May and June out of a list
range from January to June?
--
Frustrated

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Dave; Thank you for your response, the problem I have is the months are not
dates , just listed as January, February March and so on. I have tried
several different combinations and the closest I got was March, May and June.
Got annother idea?
--
Frustrated

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Use the dropdown arrow
choose custom
= May 1, 2006

and
<= June 30, 2006

Richard Freist wrote:

How can I use custom autofilter to to show only May and June out of a list
range from January to June?
--
Frustrated

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

What form are your data? Are they dates formatted to show just the month,
or are they just text showing the month. If the latter, then Autofilter/
Custom:
equals: May
or
equals: June
ought to do the trick.
--
David Biddulph

"Richard Freist" wrote in message
Dave; Thank you for your response, the problem I have is the months are
not
dates , just listed as January, February March and so on. I have tried
several different combinations and the closest I got was March, May and
June.
Got annother idea?
--
Frustrated

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Use the dropdown arrow
choose custom
= May 1, 2006

and
<= June 30, 2006

Richard Freist wrote:

How can I use custom autofilter to to show only May and June out of a
list
range from January to June?
--
Frustrated

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave; it worked
--
Frustrated

"David Biddulph" wrote:

What form are your data? Are they dates formatted to show just the month,
or are they just text showing the month. If the latter, then Autofilter/
Custom:
equals: May
or
equals: June
ought to do the trick.
--
David Biddulph

"Richard Freist" wrote in message
Dave; Thank you for your response, the problem I have is the months are
not
dates , just listed as January, February March and so on. I have tried
several different combinations and the closest I got was March, May and
June.
Got annother idea?
--
Frustrated