Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rae Rae is offline

Default excel

How do I create an accural spread sheet for vacations.

this is the info that I have
1st yr - 1 week @ .77 per pay period
2nd - 10th yr - 2 weeks @ 1.54 per pay period
10th + 3 weeks @ 2.31 per pay period
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Rae,

Your question is not very clear, (at least to me).

1st yr - 1 week @ .77 per pay period

Does that mean from the hire date to the 1st year anniversary the employee
gets 1 weeks vacation?

What does @ .77 per pay period mean?

What is a pay period?

Try restating your needs rmembering that we do not know how your company
works.

Sandy

and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"Rae" wrote in message
How do I create an accural spread sheet for vacations.

this is the info that I have
1st yr - 1 week @ .77 per pay period
2nd - 10th yr - 2 weeks @ 1.54 per pay period
10th + 3 weeks @ 2.31 per pay period

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Rae Rae is offline

from the date of hire the employee starts to accural vacation time. After one
year of service they are entitled to 1 week.
1st year would be 52*.77=40
2nd - 10th would be 52*1.54 = 80
10th + would be 2.31*52 =120

What I want to do is create a spread sheet where I can enter the date of
hire and it will calculate the vacation time.

"Rae" wrote in message
How do I create an accural spread sheet for vacations.

this is the info that I have
1st yr - 1 week @ .77 per pay period
2nd - 10th yr - 2 weeks @ 1.54 per pay period
10th + 3 weeks @ 2.31 per pay period

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To return the number of hours due for the number of years of service try:

=IF(DATEDIF(F11,TODAY(),"y")<1,40,IF(DATEDIF(F11,T ODAY(),"y")<10,80,120))

with the start date in F11

If you want something different then post back.
--
HTH

"Rae" wrote in message
How do I create an accural spread sheet for vacations.

this is the info that I have
1st yr - 1 week @ .77 per pay period
2nd - 10th yr - 2 weeks @ 1.54 per pay period
10th + 3 weeks @ 2.31 per pay period

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you want to work out how many hours are due based on a weeks in the
currect vacation year then try:

=INT(IF(DATEDIF(F11,TODAY(),"y")<1,40/52,IF(DATEDIF(F11,TODAY(),"y")<10,80/52,120/52))*CEILING((TODAY()-DATE(YEAR(F11)+DATEDIF(F11,TODAY(),"y"),MONTH(F11) ,DAY(F11)))/7,1))

format the cell as General
--

"Rae" wrote in message
How do I create an accural spread sheet for vacations.

this is the info that I have
1st yr - 1 week @ .77 per pay period
2nd - 10th yr - 2 weeks @ 1.54 per pay period
10th + 3 weeks @ 2.31 per pay period

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Slightly shorter and with fewer function calls and it also allows for F1
being empty:

=IF(F11="","",INT(LOOKUP(DATEDIF(F11,TODAY(),"Y"), {0;1;10},{40,80,120})/52*CEILING((TODAY()-DATE(YEAR(F11)+DATEDIF(F11,TODAY(),"y"),MONTH(F11) ,DAY(F11)))/7,1)))