Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Mystical Excel

When I enter a number in a cell, Excel somehow divides the number by
100 ie. entering 1234 gets a value of 12.34 in the cell.

What have I done wrong.

enenko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Nothing wrong, but there is a setting for the the current Workbook (and it
affects all open ones as well)

Tools - Options - Edit tab

Fixed Decimal - uncheck the box

This is only useful if you have a lot of fixed decimal data to enter
Which can be done without having to enter the .

Best to only use it when absolutley necessary, and turn it off afterwards.

Steve

kOn Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:26:42 -0000, wrote:

When I enter a number in a cell, Excel somehow divides the number by
100 ie. entering 1234 gets a value of 12.34 in the cell.

What have I done wrong.

enenko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsEdit.

Uncheck "Fixed Decimal Places"

Handy feature if you are an Accountant but otherwise not too handy.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On 23 Feb 2007 10:26:42 -0800, wrote:

When I enter a number in a cell, Excel somehow divides the number by
100 ie. entering 1234 gets a value of 12.34 in the cell.

What have I done wrong.

enenko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 23, 9:42 pm, Gord Dibben <gorddibbATshawDOTca wrote:
ToolsOptionsEdit.

Uncheck "Fixed Decimal Places"

Handy feature if you are an Accountant but otherwise not too handy.

Gord Dibben MSExcelMVP

On 23 Feb 2007 10:26:42 -0800, wrote:

When I enter a number in a cell,Excelsomehow divides the number by
100 ie. entering 1234 gets a value of 12.34 in the cell.

What have I done wrong.

enenko- Hide quoted text -

Thaks! That did it!!
enenko

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 23, 8:34 pm, SteveW wrote:
Nothing wrong, but there is a setting for the the current Workbook (and it
affects all open ones as well)

Tools - Options - Edit tab

Fixed Decimal - uncheck the box

This is only useful if you have a lot of fixed decimal data to enter
Which can be done without having to enter the .

Best to only use it when absolutley necessary, and turn it off afterwards.

Steve

kOn Fri, 23 Feb 2007 18:26:42 -0000, wrote:

When I enter a number in a cell,Excelsomehow divides the number by
100 ie. entering 1234 gets a value of 12.34 in the cell.

What have I done wrong.

enenko- Hide quoted text -

Thanks! That did it!!
enenko