Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Changing a Number to a Name

I am working with a report that provides a list of several IP addresses for
employees accessing my training site. I have a list of the names that match
each IP address. I would like to be able to run a report/macro where the IP
addresses change to an actual name for data analysis. Is there a way in
Excel 2000 to perform this type of function? Thanks for any help you can
provide.

Rich
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming you IP adresses are in Column A100 and names in Column B100 then
Vlookup will return a name from an IP address thus:

=vlookup(cell address of IP address you are looking for,a1:b100,2,false)

Mike