Carl Bowman

Default Making Excel Calculate In Correct Order

I have a spreadsheet with links to another. When the links are refreshed all
the cells are updated but those in row 12 need information in row 17 and the
value in row 12 comes out errors. I am told this is because Excel calculates
from the top down so the information in row 17 is not available yet when row
12 is calculating. Can't I just press F9 to calculate and make it all work
(or does this start the process all over again)?
Thanks
Jerry W. Lewis

What you were told is an over-simplification. Excel maintains a
dependency table. If row 17 must be calculated first to resolve row 12,
then it will be. You should look elsewhere for the problems with your
row 12 formulas.

Since you have not given the formulas, I can't help you there.

Jerry