WYN

Default links to a second sheet

good day excelers,i have a work book with two sheets,1 an invoice template 2
a control sheet.what i am trying to do is link pertinet data from the
invoivce to the control sheet. i tried copy and past link,but when i save the
invoice in a customers name the template is cleared and no data shows on the
control sheet.is there a way to save this data to the control sheet from
every invoioce that i save as?
any help would be appreciated. thx wynb.
--
wynb
Jim Rech

If you want too create a list on the second page formulas will not do as
they always reflect the values of the cells they link to after a calc.
You'd have to do a Copy/Paste, either manually, or better, with a macro.

--
Jim Rech
Excel MVP
"WYN" wrote in message
| good day excelers,i have a work book with two sheets,1 an invoice template
2
| a control sheet.what i am trying to do is link pertinet data from the
| invoivce to the control sheet. i tried copy and past link,but when i save
the
| invoice in a customers name the template is cleared and no data shows on
the
| control sheet.is there a way to save this data to the control sheet from
| every invoioce that i save as?
| any help would be appreciated. thx wynb.
| --
| wynb

WYN

hi jim,that sounds like a lot of vba code is needed.any idea where i might
find the code i need. thx wynb