Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default 2007 converter?

My beta version of 2007 expired and unfortunately before I converted several
files back to 2003. I downloaded some kind of converter but when I try to
open any document, I get a dialog that says that the converter failed to open
the document.

Any ideas?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I've run into this problem as well and no one seems to have a good answer.
The only thing I've come up with is to either buy Office 2007 or else find
someone else who has it installed, open the documents on that person's
computer, and save as XL 03 format.

Dave

"Geoff" wrote:

My beta version of 2007 expired and unfortunately before I converted several
files back to 2003. I downloaded some kind of converter but when I try to
open any document, I get a dialog that says that the converter failed to open
the document.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is the converter you tried the one at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/pr...686761033.aspx ?

It may, of course, be that it will cope OK with the released 2007, but not
with the beta. [Hence all the warnings not to rely on the beta.]
--
David Biddulph