Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007

Hello,
i have a workbook which i created in Excel 2003 now i install 2007 and my
work book had few macros which now i couldn't use or found them where they
gone, so plz let me know i still able use all macros which i created in 2003 ?
thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You should be able to use most macros you had in the 2003 file under 2007.

It may be that security in 2007 has made your macros "disappear". When you
open the file in 2007 it is going to give you the "has macros" warning, but
it is not as noticeable as it was in 2003 and earlier. Look for a single bar
near the top of the worksheet portion of the Excel window to have a little
text box that says "options" in it. Click that and you should be able to use
your macros.

When you save the file, you can save it as Excel with Macros file type: the
..xlsm file for 2007.

You may also want to set up a folder on your system to place Excel files
that you know have safe macros in them and place those types in it and use
the new 2007 Security features to identify that folder as one which you can
open files from without disabling the macros or even asking you whether or
not to enable them.

"Tufail" wrote:

Hello,
i have a workbook which i created in Excel 2003 now i install 2007 and my
work book had few macros which now i couldn't use or found them where they
gone, so plz let me know i still able use all macros which i created in 2003 ?
thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Tufail:

You may have security set to disable.

So if the 'Developer' tab is not showing click on the big 'Office' pull
down at the top on the left and select 'Excel Options' from the bottom.

Make sure the 'Show Developer tab in the ribbon..' is ticked in the
'Popular' set.

Click OK and close the options.

Now select the 'Developer' tab and click 'Macro Security' in the code
section on the right and make sure the 'Disable All macros with notification'
is ticked (or 'enable all macos') and then open the worksheet again.

--
Hope this helps
Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand