Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rearranging text

Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF(ISNUMBER(A1),A1,"")

(Bob missed a closing paren.)

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave it worked.

Sorry but I have another question. Now I have duplicate numbers in my
worksheet. How I do remove the rows with the numbers under the text starting
at A2.

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Convert column B to values
Select column B
edit|copy
edit|paste special|values

Now apply Data|Filter|autofilter to that column
Filter to show the cells that look blank
Delete those visible rows

Then data|filter|autofilter (to remove that filter)

falcios wrote:

Thanks Dave it worked.

Sorry but I have another question. Now I have duplicate numbers in my
worksheet. How I do remove the rows with the numbers under the text starting
at A2.

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

This is how the spreadsheet looks now:

TEST123 $100
$100

TEST124 $200
$200

TEST125 $300
$300

How do I remove the dollar amounts rows below the text.

falcios wrote:

Thanks Dave it worked.

Sorry but I have another question. Now I have duplicate numbers in my
worksheet. How I do remove the rows with the numbers under the text starting
at A2.

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Didn't the autofilter technique work?

falcios wrote:

Thanks Dave it worked.

Sorry but I have another question. Now I have duplicate numbers in my
worksheet. How I do remove the rows with the numbers under the text starting
at A2.

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes the auto filter works for the blanks but I can't figure out how to remove
the rows with the $ amounts. Any ideas.

falcios wrote:

Thanks Dave it worked.

Sorry but I have another question. Now I have duplicate numbers in my
worksheet. How I do remove the rows with the numbers under the text starting
at A2.

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you filter column B?

You can show the blanks there and get rid of both the rows that numbers in
column A as well as rows with nothing in column A.

falcios wrote:

Thanks Dave it worked.

Sorry but I have another question. Now I have duplicate numbers in my
worksheet. How I do remove the rows with the numbers under the text starting
at A2.

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Yes that worked I was filtering on column A.
Thanks so much. Sorry for so many questions.

falcios wrote:

Thanks Dave it worked.

Sorry but I have another question. Now I have duplicate numbers in my
worksheet. How I do remove the rows with the numbers under the text starting
at A2.

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")

and copy down.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"falcios" wrote in message
Sample text

TEST123
$100

TEST124
$200

TEST125
$300

How can I put the dollar amount values in a separate column [column b] on
the same line as text.

Thanks

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not a problem.
(It took me 3 times to get the formula right <vbg.)

falcios wrote:

Thanks Dave it worked.

Sorry but I have another question. Now I have duplicate numbers in my
worksheet. How I do remove the rows with the numbers under the text starting
at A2.

Thanks.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Sigh.

Put this in B1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

Dave Peterson wrote:

Oops, put this in A1:
=IF(ISNUMBER(A2),A2,"")

falcios wrote:

Thanks Bob

I copied the function on B2 and I got an error.
I am not familiar with this function. If my text starts in cell A1 what
should the function line read.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

In B2, add

=IF(ISNUMBER(A3,A3,"")