Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Displaying only rows that data in cerain cells

OK lets see if i can explain this. To make it simple i have 6 colums down
300 rows. Now, Column A is the key column. i want a way after entering in
the data to display the rows only if there is data(whick will be a number) in
row A. Maybe have the filtered outcome sent to a another sheet for easy
printing and viewing. I am nubie at this any help would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Why not just apply Data|Filter|autofilter to that range and show the non-blank
rows. Pick out a column that always has data if that row is used and filter by
that.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks dave,that was simple. Now that i have it i created a macro to do this
filter can i assign a macro to a option button so other users can click on a
button to run this macro.

Shane wrote:

OK lets see if i can explain this. To make it simple i have 6 colums down
300 rows. Now, Column A is the key column. i want a way after entering in
the data to display the rows only if there is data(whick will be a number) in
row A. Maybe have the filtered outcome sent to a another sheet for easy
printing and viewing. I am nubie at this any help would be appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just a thought.

I'm not sure I'd give the users a macro.

If you can teach them how to use data|Filter|autofilter (or just how to use the
arrows(!)), you may find that those users will like it and use that technique on
other workbooks.

By giving them a macro, you may be stifling their development????