Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default scroll bar-type sliders

I am an education student on an assignment and I need help. In a journal
article I found a reference to the scroll bar-type slider buttons that can be
put in cells to control the input of the cell next to it. The article only
makes a reference that detailde instructions to create these cells can be
found on the internet. I can't find the information. Can anyone either
direct me to a good site for the instructions or help get me started? Thanks
--
Lynnette Mitchell
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It sounds like you're describing a spin button. Here's a start.

1) Go to View Toolbars Control Toolbox. A toobar should appear.
2) Click on Hammer/Wrench icon and floating toolbar should appear. Click on
the spin button (move your mouse slowly over the toolbar icons to see their
names).
3. Now draw a small rectangle on your sheet, near cell A1.
4. Right-click the spin button and go to "Properties".
5. The 3 key properies are LinkedCell, Max, and Min. Type A1 into Linked
Cell and close out.
6. Click on "Exit Design Mode" button on the Control Toolbox toolbar.
7. Start clicking the spin button and watch the value change in A1.
8. Have fun.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA