Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default ?How can I find the maximum column with condition

A B C
Apple California $10
Orange California $5
Apple Florida $28
Orange Texas $5
Apple California $22

I want a formula that will give me the maximum Apple cost in California. How
would I do that? The asnwer should be $22

Thank you in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

One way:

=MAX(IF((A1:A10="apple")*(B1:B10="california"),C1: C10))
this is an array formula so enter using Ctrl+Shift+Enter

HTH
Jean-Guy