Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default GraphIf Function?

Say I have something like this:

Col A Col B Col C
A 3 5
A 5 3
A 6 7
B 8 1
B 4 6
C 6 7
C 4 2
E 7 4

Any ideas about a function such that any A would be in plotted in one
graph, any B in another graph, and so on? Is there even any sort of
GRAPH() function??

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'll make some assumptions: Col B has X values and col C has Y values, and
you want an XY chart.

I'll filter out "A" data in Col D, "B" data in Col E, etc. I only need to
filter the Y data, and I'll use the same X data for all charts.

In D1 enter this formula:

=IF(A1="A",C1,NA())

In E1 enter this one:

=IF(A1="B",C1,NA())

etc. Now fill these down as far as you have data in the table. Create your
first chart, an XY chart, and in step 2 of the wizard, click on the Series
tab. Delete all but the first series if there are more than one present, or
add one if there are none. Click in the X Values box, then select the data
in column B. Click in the Y Values box, and select the data in column D.
Click in the Name box and type A.

For the second chart, copy the first, then go to the Chart menu Source
Data Series tab, and change the data in the Y Values box from column D to
column E, and change the name to B.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP
Tutorials and Custom Solutions
http://PeltierTech.com
_______

"Matt" wrote in message
oups.com...
Say I have something like this:

Col A Col B Col C
A 3 5
A 5 3
A 6 7
B 8 1
B 4 6
C 6 7
C 4 2
E 7 4

Any ideas about a function such that any A would be in plotted in one
graph, any B in another graph, and so on? Is there even any sort of
GRAPH() function??

Need some comments on my Utility_Move class module. jchen Excel Worksheet Functions 0 August 21st 06 07:05 PM
Creating a Custom Excel Function to Calculate Gini Coefficients [email protected] Excel Worksheet Functions 3 February 21st 06 10:15 PM
Date & Time mully New Users to Excel 4 May 23rd 05 11:56 AM
Conversion SVC Excel Worksheet Functions 9 February 28th 05 02:29 PM
HOW CAN I GET OFFICE 2003 EXCEL BASIC TO NEST FUNCTIONS LIKE EXCE. Robert AS Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 2nd 04 10:49 AM