Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default if/then statement

I am attempting to add a value of "1" to the output of a formula from a
different cell. However, if the the value of the other cell is "0", I do not
want the "1" added.

I need to have a correlating "0" with the other "0".

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Maybe something like this:

=SUM(A1:A10)+IF(B1=0,0,1)

HTH
Jean-Guy

"PoolPool" wrote:

I am attempting to add a value of "1" to the output of a formula from a
different cell. However, if the the value of the other cell is "0", I do not
want the "1" added.

I need to have a correlating "0" with the other "0".

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean have a formula that displays 1 more then the output of another
cell or zero if the other cell is zero then try:

=if(Othercell<0,Othercell+1,0)

--
HTH

Sandy