Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Combine Cells and Retain Color Fomatting

Here is the issue I am trying to figure out.

*There are three cells, A2, A3, and A4 lets say.
*A4 contains black text only.
*A3 contains an arrow (special character) that, depending on the slope
of a line, will change to an up or down arrow thanks to conditional
formatting and will also change color based on whether or not the up/
down direction is a good/bad thing.
*I want to combine the contents of A3 and A4 in the same cell, namely
A2 and keep the color formatting of the arrow while the rest of the
text remains black.
*I am doing this so I can reference A2 for a chart label.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Thomas