Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protect Autofiler Column

How can I Protect a Worksheet that has a autofilter column. I want users to
be able to use the drop down menu in the autofilter column to narrow the
selections but I don't want users to have the ability to change anything on
the spreadsheet. If I unlock the autofilter column and protect the sheet it
doesn't activate the dropdown.

Thanks,
Mickey
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Mickey

In 2002 and up this is a option when you protect your sheet.
ToolsProtection...Protect sheet
check "Use AutoFilter"

But first apply the filter before you protect the sheet

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Mickey" wrote in message ...
How can I Protect a Worksheet that has a autofilter column. I want users to
be able to use the drop down menu in the autofilter column to narrow the
selections but I don't want users to have the ability to change anything on
the spreadsheet. If I unlock the autofilter column and protect the sheet it
doesn't activate the dropdown.

Thanks,
Mickey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mickey

Which version of Excel?

In 2002 and 2003 you can protect the worksheet with "Use Autofilter" checked on.

You must have the autofilter already enabled before protecting the sheet.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:06:03 -0800, Mickey
wrote:

How can I Protect a Worksheet that has a autofilter column. I want users to
be able to use the drop down menu in the autofilter column to narrow the
selections but I don't want users to have the ability to change anything on
the spreadsheet. If I unlock the autofilter column and protect the sheet it
doesn't activate the dropdown.

Thanks,
Mickey

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc