Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default extracting earliest date (age) from list

I have a large list that has the following:

CLIENT DOB EVENT DATE
AA 111 111
AA 111 222
BB 222 111
CC 333 111
CC 333 222

What I want to do is to have separate list that gives me the client name and
the earliest event date for that client.

Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Maybe something like this:

=DATEDIF(INDEX(B1:B100,MATCH("AA",A1:A100,0)),MIN( IF(A1:A100="AA",C1:C100)),"y")
enter using Ctrl+Shift+Enter
will return the age a person had at the earliest event date.

HTH
Jean-Guy