Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why are my colums in excel numbered as well as the rows

I have been looking at the use of formulas in excel, I do not use excel much
but all the formulas seem to need the column to be referenced with a letter.
For some reason my excel has numbers for rows and columns, can I change this,
if so how is it done.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

<Tools <Options <General tab,
And *UNCHECK*
"R1C1 Reference Style".
--

HTH,

RD

"Jazzy" wrote in message
I have been looking at the use of formulas in excel, I do not use excel much
but all the formulas seem to need the column to be referenced with a letter.
For some reason my excel has numbers for rows and columns, can I change
this,
if so how is it done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tools Options General and clear the R1C1 checkbox
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200704