Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sending editable Excel file

Hi,
I want to send an excel file to a group, so that they can edit a
column and send it back to me. It would be helpful if all the changes
are reflected in a single file (Like Merging all the excel file sent
by all members of a group).

I don't want to keep the excel file in a public folder in outlook
(Microsoft Excahge).

Thanks
Pradeep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Pradeepk

Check out this page with a Outlook example
http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/saveatt.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Pradeepk" wrote in message oups.com...
Hi,
I want to send an excel file to a group, so that they can edit a
column and send it back to me. It would be helpful if all the changes
are reflected in a single file (Like Merging all the excel file sent
by all members of a group).

I don't want to keep the excel file in a public folder in outlook
(Microsoft Excahge).

Thanks
Pradeep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 5, 1:32 pm, "Ron de Bruin" wrote:
Hi Pradeepk

Check out this page with a Outlook examplehttp://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/folder2/saveatt.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruinhttp://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

"Pradeepk" wrote in ooglegroups.com...
Hi,
I want to send an excel file to a group, so that they can edit a
column and send it back to me. It would be helpful if all the changes
are reflected in a single file (Like Merging all the excel file sent
by all members of a group).

I don't want to keep the excel file in a public folder in outlook
(Microsoft Excahge).

Thanks
Pradeep

Hi Ron,
Thanks for your interest.

Scenario is something like this :
I will add all the
group members and their tasks to do in separate rows. The group
members will add their comments in a column of corresponding rows.
If user can update the excel sheet(that
I send) directly and instead of saving the file and sending it as
attachment to me, if he could get send button in excel sheet only - it
would be easy for user to reply fast. Thats what I had in my mind.
Sorry If I had misled you.

Is there any way to get reply/send button on excel so that as soon as
user opens the excel data that i had sent...he edits it and press send
button on excel, no work around for user.

Thanks
Pradeep

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Pradeepk

See
http://www.dicks-clicks.com/excel/ol...rieving_E-Mail

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Feb 5, 7:24 pm, "Pradeepk" wrote:
Hi,
I want to send an excel file to a group, so that they can edit a
column and send it back to me. It would be helpful if all the changes
are reflected in a single file (Like Merging all the excel file sent
by all members of a group).

I don't want to keep the excel file in a public folder in outlook
(Microsoft Excahge).

Thanks
Pradeep

Why not save it to a network drive location and share the workbook?