Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sum customers by date

I'm trying to sum invoice amounts for a specific customer by date. Along with
that I also want to group them by class. I have 3 classes, 1, 2, and 3.
Here's a little snap shot of my worksheet

Column A Column B Column C Column D
(Inv Date) (Customer) (Inv Amt) (Class)

2/1/2007 MyCompany $100.00 1
2/1/2007 MyCompany $100.00 1
2/1/2007 MyCompany $100.00 2
2/2/2007 MyCompany $100.00 1
2/2/2007 MyCompany $100.00 3

So on my summary worksheet I have the following:

2/1/2007 $200.00 for class 1
2/1/2007 $100.00 for class 2
2/2/2007 $100.00 for class 1
2/2/2007 $100.00 for class 3

I have multiple customers so I only want to single out one company. I'm
using "MyCompany" as the example name of the company.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the date in J1, the company in K1, class in L1 and use
=SUMPRODUCT(--(A1:A200=J1),--(B1:B200=K1),--(D1:D200)=L1,C1:C100)
for more info see

http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/formulae/doubleneg.html

OR
make a Pivot Table; see
http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm
http://www.techonthenet.com/excel/pivottbls/index.htm
http://www.dicks-blog.com/archives/2...le-parameters/

best wishes

--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Secret Squirrel" wrote in
message ...
I'm trying to sum invoice amounts for a specific customer by date. Along
with
that I also want to group them by class. I have 3 classes, 1, 2, and 3.
Here's a little snap shot of my worksheet

Column A Column B Column C Column D
(Inv Date) (Customer) (Inv Amt) (Class)

2/1/2007 MyCompany $100.00 1
2/1/2007 MyCompany $100.00 1
2/1/2007 MyCompany $100.00 2
2/2/2007 MyCompany $100.00 1
2/2/2007 MyCompany $100.00 3

So on my summary worksheet I have the following:

2/1/2007 $200.00 for class 1
2/1/2007 $100.00 for class 2
2/2/2007 $100.00 for class 1
2/2/2007 $100.00 for class 3

I have multiple customers so I only want to single out one company. I'm
using "MyCompany" as the example name of the company.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Secret Squirrel,

for summing and/or with grouping of your invoice records [by dates, by
class, by numbers, by whichever] in the spreadsheet, may i suggest that you
use excel's pivot table...
regards
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..