Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Auto insert macro

I am using the 'Output to' feature in Access to generate an Excel sheet.

I have written a macro that I manually have to insert to the VBA editor
and execute to format the newly created Excel sheet.

Is there a way to automate the macro insert/run function in the newly
created Excel sheet?

Thanks for your help on this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Don't bother to insert the macro. Just include the macro in you personal.xls
file and it should be available whenever you open Excel
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200703

"CityGuy" wrote:

I am using the 'Output to' feature in Access to generate an Excel sheet.

I have written a macro that I manually have to insert to the VBA editor
and execute to format the newly created Excel sheet.

Is there a way to automate the macro insert/run function in the newly
created Excel sheet?

Thanks for your help on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Gary,

I am new at this macro stuff.
What is personal.xls? Where does it reside?
Thanks for your assisstance.

"CityGuy" wrote:

I am using the 'Output to' feature in Access to generate an Excel sheet.

I have written a macro that I manually have to insert to the VBA editor
and execute to format the newly created Excel sheet.

Is there a way to automate the macro insert/run function in the newly
created Excel sheet?

Thanks for your help on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Gary,

I did a web search on "personal.xls" and I think I found the info
I was looking for. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

"CityGuy" wrote:

I am using the 'Output to' feature in Access to generate an Excel sheet.

I have written a macro that I manually have to insert to the VBA editor
and execute to format the newly created Excel sheet.

Is there a way to automate the macro insert/run function in the newly
created Excel sheet?

Thanks for your help on this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

CityGuy

You can save it in your Personal Macro Workbook......Personal.xls

or in any new workbook which you then save as an Add-in.

If you don't have a Personal.xls you can create one..........

With an existing workbook open..........

ToolsMacroRecord New Macro. Store in Personal Macro Workbook.

Record some simple steps like copying a cell and pasting it.

Hit the Stop Recording button.

You now have a Personal.xls workbook.

Hit ALT + F11 to go to the Visual Basic Editor.

CTRL + r to open project explorer.

Find Personal.xls and double-click on Module1.

Copy/paste your macro into that module.

Save Personal.xls.

Note: it can be saved Hidden so it is always available but not seen.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP