Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Insert my own scroll bars

I am using Excel to create a report and would like to define scroll bar
region. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi do you mean limit to cells that you require, if so, on your worksheet
tab select view code, then on the properties on the left hand side select
scroll area, and input cell range ie, if you wish to be able to scroll to
"A1:J58" the type this into the box!.

"Kathy" wrote:

I am using Excel to create a report and would like to define scroll bar
region. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

so, lets say I have an area from A1-d10. I merge those cells. Then I insert
a scroll bar and then do properties and type in that range? Is that correct?
How do I test it to see if it works? I am totally new to this.

"Kathy" wrote:

I am using Excel to create a report and would like to define scroll bar
region. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Even if Kathy finds the ScrollArea using your steps, she will find that this
method does not stick when you close the workbook.

Since the scrollarea method does not stick between sessions you will have to
reset it each time.

You may wish to place the code into a WorkBook_Open Sub in ThisWorkbook module
and specify which worksheet if only one sheet required.

Private Sub WorkBook_Open()
Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A1:T30"
End Sub

Or also in the Thisworkbook module to limit scrollarea on all sheets.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
With ActiveSheet
.ScrollArea = "A1:T30"
End With
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Kathy" wrote:

I am using Excel to create a report and would like to define scroll bar
region. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Kathy,

Not sure if I have what you mean, but say you want a sheet where you can
only scroll to a1-d10,

right mouse the worksheet tab,
Select view code and then type in

'scroll limit on page to A1-D10
Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
Me.ScrollArea = "A1:d10"
End Sub

When the sheet is run and macros are activated you can only scroll to a1-d10