Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Condition Format a Day that resulted from a formula

Morning,

I have a date in column B3 formated as 15-Feb-2007. Now in column C3 I have
copied this date - =B3 and changed the format to 'ddd' resulting in Thu.
Now coping cells B3 and C3 down I would like the row to change colour if the
date/day becomes a Saturday (Sat) and Sunday (Sun).

It should be simple but the weekend mindset has set in.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Sunnyskies

why don't you take conditional formatting and on B3 you enter:
is formula: =or((B3)="sat";(B3)="sun")
and then you can change the format of this cell, after that
you can copy the cells down.

hth

Carlo

"Sunnyskies" wrote:

Morning,

I have a date in column B3 formated as 15-Feb-2007. Now in column C3 I have
copied this date - =B3 and changed the format to 'ddd' resulting in Thu.
Now coping cells B3 and C3 down I would like the row to change colour if the
date/day becomes a Saturday (Sat) and Sunday (Sun).

It should be simple but the weekend mindset has set in.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks alot, you have made my little project move a little faster.

Have a great weekend Carlo and David.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Formula is:
=WEEKDAY($B3,2)5
--
David Biddulph

"Sunnyskies" wrote in message
Morning,

I have a date in column B3 formated as 15-Feb-2007. Now in column C3 I
have
copied this date - =B3 and changed the format to 'ddd' resulting in Thu.
Now coping cells B3 and C3 down I would like the row to change colour if
the
date/day becomes a Saturday (Sat) and Sunday (Sun).

It should be simple but the weekend mindset has set in.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Have you tried that, Carlo? Does it work for you? It doesn't work for me,
and I wouldn't expect it to do so.
If B3 is a date, I wouldn't expect it to equate to the string "sat" or
"sun".
If you want to go down that line you could use
Formula is:
=OR(TEXT(B3,"ddd")="sat",TEXT(B3,"ddd")="sun")
--
David Biddulph