Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Sending to instead of reteiving fom

On sheet 1 I have multiple entries with three specific critereas in each rows.
On sheet 2 there are 6 areas that require user input in each of the 6 areas
in order to sum up quantities that meet the tree specific critereas.
Is there a method of automatically sending data from sheet 1 to sheet 2 &
keeping count & adding as sheet 1 populates?
Thank you in advance.
Serge
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No! You can pull data but you can't push data.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

"Serge" wrote in message
On sheet 1 I have multiple entries with three specific critereas in each
rows.
On sheet 2 there are 6 areas that require user input in each of the 6
areas
in order to sum up quantities that meet the tree specific critereas.
Is there a method of automatically sending data from sheet 1 to sheet 2 &
keeping count & adding as sheet 1 populates?
Thank you in advance.
Serge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Whether you push or pull data it comes to the same thing. I'm intrigued by
why you want to push data instead of pull data.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions

&
keeping count & adding as sheet 1 populates?
Thank you in advance.
Serge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello again Bill,

I'm trying to come up with a way to eliminate user input on sheet 2. That
sheet 2 will summerize the content of sheet 1 automatically. Someone told me
I would need to learn Visual Basic to achive this. Is that true?
Serge

"Serge" wrote in message
On sheet 1 I have multiple entries with three specific critereas in
each
rows.
On sheet 2 there are 6 areas that require user input in each of the 6
areas
in order to sum up quantities that meet the tree specific critereas.
Is there a method of automatically sending data from sheet 1 to sheet 2
&
keeping count & adding as sheet 1 populates?
Thank you in advance.
Serge

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am sometimes sceptical when I hear the question "How do you do?" in terms
of function rather than objective. It suggests that the questioner is
asking about the bus stop for a particular service rather than checking if
the bus goes to his destination. A question in terms of how do I do this is
likely to elicit help only on that topic. A question in terms of how do I
get to the end point may just elicit a way of doing achieving what is
required in a way which the questioner may not have thought of.

OK. So now we know a bit about what you are trying to do we can try to help
you. In my experience of designing spread sheets it is sometimes best to
have an 'input sheet', sometimes a 'calculation sheet' and an 'output
sheet'. The 'input sheet' would be the only area in which users should be
changing data. The 'calculation sheet' would be the area in which the
inputs are combined to produce the output data. The 'output sheet' would be
an area which contains tables and graphs for printing. Obviously this is
only a design template to be adapted to needs.

I hope that something along these lines may be the answer to your query.

Regards.

Bill Ridgeway
Computer Solutions