Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel macro's deleted when sending through Outlook

Hi,
We have a user who is sending excel spreadsheets, that have Macro's
through Outlook 2003 (with Exchange Server). When people receive these
spreadsheets, all the macro code seems to be deleted from the
spreadsheet. There are no prompts to delete, or to say that the
attachment could contain a virus. Can anyone help?

Phreake

PS the Macros are definatley deleted checked the spreadsheets on
recipients PC

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
There seems to be a new problem aswell, the file is saved on the
network drive and still has lost it's code. The antivirus does not
scan for macro's either. We have sort of recreated this by saving it
as excel 95 file, but the users should not need to do this, as the form
does the saving for them, also everyone is on office 2003 or office XP.
PLEASE HELP!!!!

Phreake

Phreake wrote:

Hi,
We have a user who is sending excel spreadsheets, that have Macro's
through Outlook 2003 (with Exchange Server). When people receive these
spreadsheets, all the macro code seems to be deleted from the
spreadsheet. There are no prompts to delete, or to say that the
attachment could contain a virus. Can anyone help?

Phreake

PS the Macros are definatley deleted checked the spreadsheets on
recipients PC

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Is this a userform created in the VBE?

If yes, then xl97 was the first version to support those Userforms. If you save
it in xl95 format, the userform will be lost--but you should have gotten a
warning message saying that stuff could be lost when you save it in that
version.

Are you positive that in you're saving it as a normal .xls workbook?

Do the macros get destroyed when you save to a local disk? I'd talk to the IT
folks to see why it's happening when you save to a network drive--maybe it's an
aggressive antivirus program running on that server.