Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can I make a data entry box?

I'm not a new user, but sometimes I just don't know the names for things.
I'm making a worksheet for low level users and I'm trying to simplify it.
Most of the data is a choice between 3 things and then typing in a name.

I swear, some time in another life I set up a worksheet with a "data entry
box." The box popped up, you clicked off or entered the stuff, clicked "OK"
and the data was posted to the right cells; but you didn't have to tab to
each cell.

Is this possible? Am I dreaming? Was my other life in Access? Can't for
the life of me figure it out or remember what it was called. (Help is so
unhelpful sometimes.)

Bonnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you talking about a userform?
--
-John Northwest11
is helpful.

"gobonniego" wrote:

I'm not a new user, but sometimes I just don't know the names for things.
I'm making a worksheet for low level users and I'm trying to simplify it.
Most of the data is a choice between 3 things and then typing in a name.

I swear, some time in another life I set up a worksheet with a "data entry
box." The box popped up, you clicked off or entered the stuff, clicked "OK"
and the data was posted to the right cells; but you didn't have to tab to
each cell.

Is this possible? Am I dreaming? Was my other life in Access? Can't for
the life of me figure it out or remember what it was called. (Help is so
unhelpful sometimes.)

Bonnie

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe you used:

Select the range
Data|Table

gobonniego wrote:

I'm not a new user, but sometimes I just don't know the names for things.
I'm making a worksheet for low level users and I'm trying to simplify it.
Most of the data is a choice between 3 things and then typing in a name.

I swear, some time in another life I set up a worksheet with a "data entry
box." The box popped up, you clicked off or entered the stuff, clicked "OK"
and the data was posted to the right cells; but you didn't have to tab to
each cell.

Is this possible? Am I dreaming? Was my other life in Access? Can't for
the life of me figure it out or remember what it was called. (Help is so
unhelpful sometimes.)

Bonnie

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bonnie,

Perhaps you selected Table/Form
Excel has a built-in data form. Click Table and then select form.

Hope this was it.