Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Special Format for Angular data in degrees

I have 30 individual measurements in deg min sec format that I want to
display as
data collect in that format. As well, I want to perform statitics on that
data to perform capabilty analysis. So In summary I need to input data into
cells in the deg min sec format and perform math functions on that set of
data that outputs in the cells in deg min sec format as well. I do not have
the data collected in radians but can convert if that is the only solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Treat as time, and format as [h]:mm:ss
If you want to convert to radians to do trig functions, then you'll need
=RADIANS(A1*24)
--
David Biddulph

"Spymann" wrote in message
I have 30 individual measurements in deg min sec format that I want to
display as
data collect in that format. As well, I want to perform statitics on that
data to perform capabilty analysis. So In summary I need to input data
into
cells in the deg min sec format and perform math functions on that set of
data that outputs in the cells in deg min sec format as well. I do not
have
the data collected in radians but can convert if that is the only
solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

can u give a collected sample of your text data format

e.g.
20 deg,20 min,20 sec
20d20m20s
20o2020€
or whatever in order to disect your data

can u give a sample of your formula with the math function.
--
*****
birds of the same feather flock together..

"Spymann" wrote:

I have 30 individual measurements in deg min sec format that I want to
display as
data collect in that format. As well, I want to perform statitics on that
data to perform capabilty analysis. So In summary I need to input data into
cells in the deg min sec format and perform math functions on that set of
data that outputs in the cells in deg min sec format as well. I do not have
the data collected in radians but can convert if that is the only solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Look at these data sets and you will see what problem I am having.

Format: Format: Format:
Number Time Custom
7 dec plcs hh:mm:ss hh° mm' ss
0.979166667 23:30:00 23° 30' 00
1.010589583 24:15:15 00° 15' 15
1.042012500 25:00:30 01° 00' 30
1.073441667 25:45:45 01° 45' 45
1.104864583 26:31:00 02° 31' 00
1.136287500 27:16:15 03° 16' 15
1.167710417 28:01:30 04° 01' 30
1.199133333 28:46:45 04° 46' 45
1.230556250 29:32:00 05° 32' 00
1.261979167 30:17:15 06° 17' 15

What I would like to display and print is data as:
ddd° mm' ss" or at least as ddd° mm' ss".

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Spymann

"Spymann" wrote:

I have 30 individual measurements in deg min sec format that I want to
display as
data collect in that format. As well, I want to perform statitics on that
data to perform capabilty analysis. So In summary I need to input data into
cells in the deg min sec format and perform math functions on that set of
data that outputs in the cells in deg min sec format as well. I do not have
the data collected in radians but can convert if that is the only solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

sorry i am not so familiar with the angular "clock" format conversions...for
sure others may provide you good links to find what you exactly need...
then, i'll also learn from your post.
--
*****

"Spymann" wrote:

I have 30 individual measurements in deg min sec format that I want to
display as
data collect in that format. As well, I want to perform statitics on that
data to perform capabilty analysis. So In summary I need to input data into
cells in the deg min sec format and perform math functions on that set of
data that outputs in the cells in deg min sec format as well. I do not have
the data collected in radians but can convert if that is the only solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Driller -

Hi I got this from another discussion thread. It works quite well:

JE McGimpsey" wrote:

use what David actually wrote: left-bracket, h, right-bracket. The
brackets tell the display engine not to roll over at 24 hours.

In article ,
Spymann wrote:

I tried your suggestion of changing the format to a single "h" and got the
same output. I also tried "hhh" which also had no effect.

I am trying to display angular data as : dddo mm' ss". Excel will not accept
the " so I went to dddo mm' ss. None of these variations seem to work for
this data.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Spymann

"Spymann" wrote:

I have 30 individual measurements in deg min sec format that I want to
display as
data collect in that format. As well, I want to perform statitics on that
data to perform capabilty analysis. So In summary I need to input data into
cells in the deg min sec format and perform math functions on that set of
data that outputs in the cells in deg min sec format as well. I do not have
the data collected in radians but can convert if that is the only solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi and thanks Spymann,
maybe u can share here the answer so i may learn also about angular
conversions of time into space...
regards <bg
--
*****

"Spymann" wrote:

I have 30 individual measurements in deg min sec format that I want to
display as
data collect in that format. As well, I want to perform statitics on that
data to perform capabilty analysis. So In summary I need to input data into
cells in the deg min sec format and perform math functions on that set of
data that outputs in the cells in deg min sec format as well. I do not have
the data collected in radians but can convert if that is the only solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

bg,

This works: Format the desired cell exactly as follows using the custom
selection:

[hhh]° mm' ss\"

and the output looks like the following: 045° 31' 56"

Good Luck - Spymann

In article ,
Spymann wrote:

Now do you have any ideas on how to get the seconds mark " to display?