Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel automatic background color

How do I turn off the automatic background color in Excel? Some rows need to
have a colored background to indicate that this row has been completed.
However, sometimes I want to type a note in one cell of a row and Excel will
automatically fill in the background color.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ToolsOptionsEdit.

Uncheck "extend data range formats and formulas"

Or perhaps these cells have Conditional Formatting enabled?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP