Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default time percent

hello,

I am trying to get a formula to calculate the percent of time used.

lets say an employee works 07:30:00 in a day and for 01:00:00 (range of
15min incriments a1 - a4) of that day they were not ready what percentage is
the difference.

result to be in cell a5
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not sure that I follow what you are asking but if you mean that the
employee's working day is 7:30:00 and for 1:00:00 of that day they are idle
then the idle time is =Working day/Idle time and the percentage of time
actually worked is =1-Working day/Idle time both cells formatted as
percentage.
--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

"dpb0180" wrote in message
hello,

I am trying to get a formula to calculate the percent of time used.

lets say an employee works 07:30:00 in a day and for 01:00:00 (range of
15min incriments a1 - a4) of that day they were not ready what percentage
is
the difference.

result to be in cell a5

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You calculate percentages of time the same way you calculate the percentage of
numbers.

If your numbers were 7.5 and 1, the percentage not ready is 1/7.5, the
percentage ready is (7.5-1)/7.5

It's the same calculation for times, as in:
a5 = (time(7,30,0)-a1)/time(7,30,0)

.. Just make sure a5 is formatted as percent.

Fred