Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default cell formulas

A B C D
E F

Daffy Duck 1/1/2007 SE3 30 2.69 80.70
Donald Duck 1/2/2007 SE2 1 2.23 2.23

When I type in cell C, I need I to generate the correlating number into E
and then multiply with D to and total in F.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would assume you have a list showing what dollar amoutn applies to the
values in C. If the list is as simple as:

A B
SE2 2.23
SE3 2.69
etc.

Assuming the above table is on Sheet2:

In column E, type =VLOOKUP(B2,Sheet2!$A$1:$B$2,2,FALSE)
and in F2, you have =D2*E2