Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default add quotation marks to each cell in a column

I am trying to add quotation marks around the text in cells in a column.
This is to help with a mail merge that I am doing.

Thanks.
ss
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Assuming the cell in question is A1: =concatenate(""",A1,""")

Note that there are three double quotation marks on either side of the A1
reference.

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"sauceraus" wrote:

I am trying to add quotation marks around the text in cells in a column.
This is to help with a mail merge that I am doing.

Thanks.
ss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One method assuming column of text is A

=""""&A1&"""" (that's 4 each of ") entered in B1

Copy down column A

When happy with results, copy Column B and in place EditPaste
SpecialValuesOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 10:04:02 -0800, sauceraus
wrote:

I am trying to add quotation marks around the text in cells in a column.
This is to help with a mail merge that I am doing.

Thanks.
ss

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

ss,

If you want quote marks around the entire field, I think you could put them
in your merge main document instead.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com