Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why Saving a file to a CSV, Excel does not put text into Quotes?

I have 300 records in excel, and when I save as a CSV file, it does not put "
" around TEXT fields. i.e. CSV File
Phone # customer name address 1
5556570987,John, Smith Attorney,124 Main Street
------------- Should Be ---------------
5556570987,"John, Smith Attorney","124 Main Street"
I need a Field Delimiter of " and a field seperator of ,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Paul,

Quotes, aka text qualifiers around these here parts, are really only
specified if the data contains a field delimiter (comma), or a text
qualifier character (quote mark). Otherwise they're not necessary. If
you're sure you need them, use the Text Write Program at
http://www.smokeylake.com/excel/text_write_program.htm. There's an option
to force quotes around all fields. I think it puts them around numeric
fields also.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com