Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Conditional format using dddd

I am trying to conditionaly format a cell that has been custom formated to
change the date to the day of the week. Ex, 30 Apr 06 changes to Sunday.
This is the setup.

1 A G
2 11 Jun 06 (date I input) =A2-42(30 Apr 06)
=G2(fomated

dddd = Sunday
What I would like help with is when H2=Saturday or Sunday I would like the
background to change colors.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Change your formula in G2 to

=TEXT(A2,"DDDD")

Then use conditional formatting if cell value is equal to Sunday and apply a
colour