Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Macro lookup columns

Hi all,

I'm trying to prepare a macro that allows me to look up information from one
sheet. The problem I'm having is that the columns from the data sheet are not
always in the same order. For example:

Fruits City $
Apple Miami 1000
Orange Miami 500
Apple Tallahassee 280
Apple Orlando 640
Banana Orlando 200
Orange Tallahassee 930

In the other sheet I need to calculate how much money is earned by city. So
I need to look up in this sheet the column that contains the cities (not
always in the same column) and look up the $ (not always in the same column
also).
Is there a way to do this?
Please let me know if I'm not clear enough and I will explain it better.

Thank you in advance for your help!!