Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default automatically fill in formula

I thought that this was done automatically but ...
I have a sheet with a list of customers and how much they purchased.
The sheet is to be given to the accountant to be billed. The sheet has
about 8 columns some I fill in and others with formulas. The first
column is the date, after that I have 2 seperate columns that have the
formula for the year and month. 3 more columns of data that I fill in
and then formulas...
I thought that Excel recognized that as soon as there was data in
adjacent columns it would add the formulas automatically... For some
reason I need to copy and paste or drag the formulas down the column..
Is there somewhere to make this happen automatically? I am using Excel
2000 on a terminal server...
Thanks for any help.

Stan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Dave for your help.
I checked the tab and it was checked.. What I saw happen now when I put
a new date in it added the formulas for month and year... I added the
info in the following 3 columns, but it did not add the formulas for
the next adjacent column...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I turn that setting off. I find that I don't understand the rules that it
uses. I always copy and paste.

If you want a macro that may do what you want, visit David McRitchie's site:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/insrtrow.htm
look for: InsertRowsAndFillFormulas