Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I: Open 2 workbooks in seperate Excel windows

I have dual displays and would like to open 2 different workbooks in 2
seperate Excel sessions that I could then display side-by-side on each of my
displays. What settings do I need to change to make this work?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

As far as I know there's no need to change any settings, just open excel
twice, not by clicking on an excel document but the excel program itself.

HTH
Jean-Guy

"LeeJoyce" wrote:

I have dual displays and would like to open 2 different workbooks in 2
seperate Excel sessions that I could then display side-by-side on each of my
displays. What settings do I need to change to make this work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

From my days of dual displays I recall that you have to have separate
instances of XL open?
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.

"LeeJoyce" wrote:

I have dual displays and would like to open 2 different workbooks in 2
seperate Excel sessions that I could then display side-by-side on each of my
displays. What settings do I need to change to make this work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

LeeJoyce,

You can do this in one of two ways. Set one Excel program to not maximized
(middle button, next to X), then adjust it to fill one monitor. Start
another Excel (Start - All Programs, etc), and do the same for it. You may
find that an Excel window will maximize to one monitor. IF not, just leave
it not maximized.

Or, just use one Excel program. Set it not-maximized and adjust across both
monitors. Then open two workbooks, and make them not-maximized (the inner,
workbook window) and adjust each to each monitor.

If you write macros, it's handy to keep the VBE in a separate monitor.
That way you can watch your macro do the wrong stuff as you run it.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"LeeJoyce" wrote in message
I have dual displays and would like to open 2 different workbooks in 2
seperate Excel sessions that I could then display side-by-side on each of
my
displays. What settings do I need to change to make this work?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I usually use 2 instances of Excel on two monitors....Open an instance
through the start bar and restore down and move it to monitor 1. Open
another instance of excel through the start bar and restore down and
move it to monitor 2.

Just remember if you try to use a formula in Excel monitor 1 that
refers to Excel monitor 2, it won't work. Copy paste will but not
formulas...

Hans

On Jan 25, 10:58 am, "Earl Kiosterud" wrote:
[...]

displays. What settings do I need to change to make this work?- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you all for your timely and knowledgeable help!