sc826

Default Excel Tool Bar Gone

This is interesting. On mine it is selected but there is not menu bar. If I
go to full screen view the menu bar appears. For awhile I didn't have any
tool bars. I pressed one of the F keys and tool bars appeared but still no
menu.

sc826

"Kathleen Koch" wrote:

Right click in the toolbars area, select
CustomizeToolbars. Scroll to the bottom and
reselect "Worksheet Menu Bar"
f_leoni

My customize button is not working, I can't even select it. What's wrong? Pls
help how to bring back the menu tool bar.

Thanks,

Felicia

"Chip Pearson" wrote:

Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up
menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu
Bar" is checked.

--
Cordially,
Chip Pearson

"txhokie1" wrote in message
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data,
Help). The object
tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the
"alpha" tool bar
left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas?

Dave Peterson

How about just starting your toolbars from scratch???

If that's ok:

Close excel
windows start button|Find|*.xlb
rename all the ones you find to *.xlbOLD

Now open excel and see if you can customize the things you want to customize.

If you can, then delete those *.xlbOLD files.

"txhokie1" wrote in message
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data,
Help). The object
tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the
"alpha" tool bar
left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas?

--

Dave Peterson
Adrienne

What if you don't have the option "Worksheet Menu Bar"? That's my problem at
the present time.

"Kathleen Koch" wrote:

Right click in the toolbars area, select
CustomizeToolbars. Scroll to the bottom and
reselect "Worksheet Menu Bar"
David McRitchie

Hi Adrienne,
What if you don't have the option "Worksheet Menu Bar"? That's my problem at

Are you on the Toolbars tab within Customize (Customize is on blue Title bar)
They are alphabetical down through the builtin in one and they your
toolbars, so what you are looking for may not necessarily be at the bottom,
mine is actually about dead center based on position of the scrollbar..

If you have not exited Excel from when you first had the problem you can
restore your toolbars see
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel....htm#emergency
otherwise you have to fix what you have or restore from your own backup.
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/backup.htm
---
HTH,

.