Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default check register with multiple worksheets

I am trying to have the first worksheet be my check register and have it
automatically populate the information in the other worksheets with the same
description. For example....if I made a mortgage payment and put morgage
under the check register description in worksheet #1, I want excel to
populate that line to a worksheet with other mortgage payments and keep a
running total. Is this possible? I cannot think of a basic function that
would work and the templates online only have the one worksheet with the
check register info. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The best way to do this sort of tracking is with pivot tables. See here for
more info: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/pivots.htm

Dave
--
Brevity is the soul of wit.