Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Database-Problems

Hello There!

First i have to excuse myself for my extremly bad English. Sorry for
that.

I would like to ask a Question about a very special Excel-Function when
Programming Documents.
i was trying to make a sort of Database-Sheet with Excel. when now
someone wants to Enter some Data, i wished that the cursor jumps
automatically to the Next Cell that wa meant to contain user-Definded
Data when pressing Return or an Arrow Key. I know this function to be
present somewhere in Excel, but i totally forgot how to use it or how
it is named.

Does somebody Remember the Function?
I am very Thankful for every Help.

Greetings
DarkMatter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In Excel 2003 if you protest the sheet, the user can move only to
unprotected cells.
Any use?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"DarkMatter" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello There!

First i have to excuse myself for my extremly bad English. Sorry for
that.

I would like to ask a Question about a very special Excel-Function when
Programming Documents.
i was trying to make a sort of Database-Sheet with Excel. when now
someone wants to Enter some Data, i wished that the cursor jumps
automatically to the Next Cell that wa meant to contain user-Definded
Data when pressing Return or an Arrow Key. I know this function to be
present somewhere in Excel, but i totally forgot how to use it or how
it is named.

Does somebody Remember the Function?
I am very Thankful for every Help.

Greetings
DarkMatter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way.

Unlock the cells you want users to enter data into and then protect the
worksheet.
When you protect the sheet un-check "allow user to select locked cells".

Both tab and enter keys will now jump to your input cells.

You can also apply a password.

Was this helpful?

"DarkMatter" wrote:

Hello There!

First i have to excuse myself for my extremly bad English. Sorry for
that.

I would like to ask a Question about a very special Excel-Function when
Programming Documents.
i was trying to make a sort of Database-Sheet with Excel. when now
someone wants to Enter some Data, i wished that the cursor jumps
automatically to the Next Cell that wa meant to contain user-Definded
Data when pressing Return or an Arrow Key. I know this function to be
present somewhere in Excel, but i totally forgot how to use it or how
it is named.

Does somebody Remember the Function?
I am very Thankful for every Help.

Greetings
DarkMatter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hello!

Thank you for this Quick answer but the File needs to be compatible
with older versions of Excel. (Excel 98 to say something)

I tried this earlier today, but this doesnt seem to work properly.

By the way: The purpose of this function to be intgrated is to keep the
user from being forced to pick up the mouse to move to the next cell.
it is too (should i say complicated? - My English is cruel...) to type
something, pressing return, and beeing forces to manually move the
cursor to the required next cell. It were a lot simplier to just press
return and resume typing in the next cell in the Document without any
disturbance.

Perhaps there is another way?

Greetings
DarkMatter

On 24 Jan., 15:38, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:
In Excel 2003 if you protest the sheet, the user can move only to
unprotected cells.
Any use?
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengmewww.stfx.ca/people/bliengme
remove caps from email

"DarkMatter" wrote in oglegroups.com...

Hello There!

First i have to excuse myself for my extremly bad English. Sorry for
that.

I would like to ask a Question about a very special Excel-Function when
Programming Documents.
i was trying to make a sort of Database-Sheet with Excel. when now
someone wants to Enter some Data, i wished that the cursor jumps
automatically to the Next Cell that wa meant to contain user-Definded
Data when pressing Return or an Arrow Key. I know this function to be
present somewhere in Excel, but i totally forgot how to use it or how
it is named.

Does somebody Remember the Function?
I am very Thankful for every Help.

Greetings
DarkMatter

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
AS AS is offline

Looking at previous posts, I'm not sure if I am over simplifying ........
however .....
Are you referring to the option to "move after enter"
By default I believe the cursor moves to the next cell below on pressing
enter, I have mine set to NOT move..
This can be changed using Tools - Options - Edit tab - Select , "move
selection after enter" and choose your direction.
If you are filling in tabular data moving right on enter would work to the
end of the record when you would have to return manually to the start of the
next row and then continue.
Allan