-   -   cell auto filling with colour (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/127457-cell-auto-filling-colour.html)

Ruggy

cell auto filling with colour

I have a worksheet that contains no.'s 1-4. I currently fill the colours
myself, but it's hectic. I need the cells to auto fill with colour when I
enter the no. I need to use the colours yellow, orange, green and red. but
when i change the value of the cell, it must auto change to the specified
colour.
1=green, 2=yellow, 3=orange, 4=red

Ashkan

cell auto filling with colour

use Conditional Formatting in Format Menu.

"Ruggy" wrote:

I have a worksheet that contains no.'s 1-4. I currently fill the colours
myself, but it's hectic. I need the cells to auto fill with colour when I
enter the no. I need to use the colours yellow, orange, green and red. but
when i change the value of the cell, it must auto change to the specified
colour.
1=green, 2=yellow, 3=orange, 4=red

Ruggy

cell auto filling with colour

I tried that, but I can only get three colours

"Ruggy" wrote:

I have a worksheet that contains no.'s 1-4. I currently fill the colours
myself, but it's hectic. I need the cells to auto fill with colour when I
enter the no. I need to use the colours yellow, orange, green and red. but
when i change the value of the cell, it must auto change to the specified
colour.
1=green, 2=yellow, 3=orange, 4=red

Ashkan

cell auto filling with colour

Set one colour for cell and use conditional formatting for others

"Ruggy" wrote:

I have a worksheet that contains no.'s 1-4. I currently fill the colours
myself, but it's hectic. I need the cells to auto fill with colour when I
enter the no. I need to use the colours yellow, orange, green and red. but
when i change the value of the cell, it must auto change to the specified
colour.
1=green, 2=yellow, 3=orange, 4=red

Ruggy

cell auto filling with colour

Thanx so much, Ashkan. you helped me big time