Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cell shading while keeping basic grid

Hi

Using Excel 2000, when I shade the background of one or more cells, in any
color, I loose the basic grid lines. How to perserve them?

TIA - flowe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi,
when you format the background to a color, format the lines of colored cells
to black or whatever color you want.

regards
FSt1

"flowe" wrote:

Hi

Using Excel 2000, when I shade the background of one or more cells, in any
color, I loose the basic grid lines. How to perserve them?

TIA - flowe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You cannot preserve the gridlines.

Format those cells with a border.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 01:12:00 -0800, flowe
wrote:

Hi

Using Excel 2000, when I shade the background of one or more cells, in any
color, I loose the basic grid lines. How to perserve them?

TIA - flowe

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi "FSt1", you wrote:
when you format the background to a color, format the lines of colored cells
to black or whatever color you want.

I think I clearly understand what you're saying, but I can't do it:

I select the cells to be color shaded and open "Cell formatting" with the 6
tabs figures, orientation, font, frame, pattern, protection. The frame tab
allows to select frame elements from 14 stiles and to set them selectively as
desired. Here, the color selection applies to the placed frame elements only.
The pattern tab pertains to the cell shading only, either in plain color or
as colored patterns. Using this suppresses the basic grid along the border of
and within the colored cells. I don't see any option to color the basic grid
or to make it reappear in any way. I can produce some new frame elements
using the frame tab, but the smallest available linie width is clearly larger
than the basic grid line, and this looks bad. (This is Excel 2000, SP3.)

It seems such a simple and common issue, but...,
and I hope for assistance.

Many thanks - flowe

"flowe" wrote originally:
Using Excel 2000, when I shade the background of one or more cells, in any
color, I loose the basic grid lines. How to perserve them?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

flowe

Check other response about using borders on those shaded cells.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP