Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't format cell color's when protected on older v. of Excel.

Hi,

I am using Excel 2002 and protected different cells on a worksheet. I
protected the worksheet and checked off ALL except for selecting locked
cells.

I sent this file to a friend who is using Excel 2000 and they can't format
any cell to a different color.

When I try it or send it to someone who is using Excel 2002 or newer they
can change the format of the fill color.

Could this be that they are using an older version of Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You've hit the nail on the head. The ability to do 'fine tuning' on what is
locked and what isn't wasn't available in Excel 2000. If they go to Tools |
Protection, all they get is protect (or cancel) and that's pretty much it -
no options to permit changes to format, insert/delete anything in locked
ranges, none of that.