Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
dlb dlb is offline

Default Microsoft Query is lost when opening Excel 2002 file

On a semi-regular basis, when I open an exsising Excel file that has been set
up with a microsoft query to source information from a third party database,
I lose the query permanently. It seems like to me that Excel assumes an error
and basically 'fixes' what it thinks is the problem when it opens the
spreadsheet. I have Four queries on the spreadsheet (one on each tab) and the
final tab is lookups and formulas. It is only in the first tab that I lose
the queries. Rest of the spreadsheet is fine.
I do find that when I do a clean up of unnessary files, scan disk and defrag
on the computer, the problem is not as frequent. I do have plently of memory
on my computer.
Currently operating Microsoft XP and using Excel 2002 version. Would using a
later version help?
--
dlb - Planner