Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default time format

i've got a couple of questions. i trying to build a timing sheet in excel to
track multiple race cars over multiple laps. I've got all the formulas
figured out, but my problem is with data entry. there is a standard short cut
to enter the current time (shift, ctrl, ;), but when i use this, it doesn't
enter the seconds. I've formatted the cell as HH:mm:ss. any ideas here??

also, i know you can format the cells to auto fill, where i could type "345"
and it will automatically change it to "$3.45". i've tried to use this with
the above time format, but it changes it to a date and time default. it will
only recognizes the decimal equivalent of time, whereas 093344 is converted
to 07/25/2155 12:00 AM instead of 09:33:44 (hh:mm:ss). any help here would be
greatly appreciated.

thank you in advance - jeremy

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

thank you!!! this worked perfect. one more question......excel shows negative
time as "########", is there a way to change this default so the cell is
blank instead? thanks again.....